The Epic BBQ Tofu-Steak Burger with Spicy Mayo
What do you call a sandwich that's part burger, part tofu steak, and part BLT? We still can't decide, hence the name. Whatever it is, it's damn delicious and we can't wait for you to try it.
The Epic BBQ Tofu-Steak Burger with Spicy Mayo | Serves 4
- 4 brioche burger buns
- 1 package Blackstrap BBQ Tofu Slabs (315g)
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 avocado
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- hot sauce
- Wash and dry all produce. Slice tomatoes and onion into rounds; peel and slice avocado into strips; separate lettuce leaves.
- Make the spicy mayo by mixing 1/3 cup mayonnaise with 1 TBS hot sauce (use less or more to taste).
- Place buns in the toaster (optional)
- Meanwhile, cook the BBQ slabs. In a non-stick skillet, heat 1-2 TBS oil over medium-high heat. Reserve sauce and place slabs into pan. Sear for 2 minutes on each side. With 30 seconds left in cooking time, add reserved sauce to the pan and gently flip the slabs in it. Remove from heat.
- Assemble burgers with tofu slabs, cheese, spicy mayo, and your veggies of choice. Grab a beer—cheers you deserve it.