Quick & Easy Miso Ramen Soup with Yuzu General Tao Tofu
A quick and cozy miso ramen soup recipe that shows the cold who's boss.
- 1 package Epic Yuzu General Tao Tofu Cubes
- 1-2 TBSP cooking oil
- 5 cups veggie broth
- 2 inch knob ginger, sliced
- 2 TBSP miso paste
- 1 TBSP sesame paste (tahini)
- 1 TBSP tamari
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 pint brown mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots thinly sliced or shredded
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Combine broth, miso, sesame, garlic, ginger; bring to a boil and simmer 10 mins. With a slotted spoon, remove ginger slices and garlic. Set aside
- In a non stock skillet, heat oil over med-high heat. Cook Yuzu General Tao Tofu according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, fill another pot with water, bring to a boil, and cook ramen according to package instructions. Drain and toss with a bit of sesame oil to prevent from sticking
- Bring the broth to a boil: Add carrots, 1/2 the green onions, and mushrooms. Simmer for 5 mins and remove from heat.
- Place noodles in bowls. Top with broth mixture and garnish with tofu, cilantro and green onions.
Photo cred: Ella Olsson