Kale Fattoush Salad with Shish Taouk Tofu
Bright, fresh and citrusy, this hearty kale take on the classic fattoush salad, hits the right notes any time of year. Our creamy Shish Taouk Tofu adds satisfying protein and completes this salad as a meal or side.
Kale Fattoush Salad with Shish Taouk Tofu | Serves 6 as a side, 3 as a main
- 1 package Epic Shish Taouk Marinated Tofu Chunks, Organic (500g)
- 1 bunch kale, washed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup each: fresh mint and parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, white and light green parts chopped
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers, roughly chopped
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 pint radishes, thinly sliced
- 100g pita chips or similar. We LOVE the Sourdough Rosemary & Thyme Chips from Carbs Bakery
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp dried sumac
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- Pinch cinnamon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, add the kale; drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil and massage into the kale leaves for 1 minute.
- Add remaining salad ingredients to the bowl (except for the tofu and remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the above salad dressing ingredients and set aside
- In a non-stick skillet, heat 2 TBS oil over medium-high heat. Empty entire contents of Shish Taouk Tofu pouch into pan. Stirring occasionally, sauté about 7-10 minutes—or until the outside of the tofu is crispy and golden. Set aside.
- Toss the Salad with the dressing and serve into bowls; top with the warm Shish Taouk tofu. Sprinkle with additional sumac and pita chips if desired. Enjoy!