Creamy & Dreamy Vegan Potato Leek Soup with Epic Fakin' Bacon Bitz
This creamy and richly flavourful soup feels like a warm hug on cool autumn days. It features the best of Quebec's fall harvests: the tender whites of local leeks, and potatoes—peel and all—for a quick and cozy meal.
Creamy & Dreamy Vegan Potato Leek Soup with Epic Fakin' Bacon Bitz | Serves 6
- 1 package Epic Fakin' Bacon Smoky Tofy Strips, mashed with the back of a fork into Fakin' Bacon Bitz
- 3 + 2 TBSP butter (vegan or conventional)
- 4 leeks, white & light green parts chopped
- 3-4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (vegan or conventional)
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
S&P to taste
- Melt 3 TBSP butter over medium heat. Gently sauté leeks and garlic until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add broth, potatoes, thyme, S&P and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover, simmering 10-15 mins or until potatoes are tender.
- While soup is simmering, mash the Fakin' Bacon with the back of a fork to turn it into Fakin’ Bacon Bitz. Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 TBSP butter and bacon bitz to pan; fry 5-7 mins until crispy and golden. Set aside.
- When soup is done simmering, remove from heat and carefully transfer soup into a blender. blend until smooth & creamy. Return soup to pot and mix in 1/2 cup cream. Place into bowls and garnish with bacon bits and fresh chopped chives. Bon appetite!