Belgian Endive Spears with Epic Bee-Free Honey Garlic Tofu & Chimichurri Sauce
These Belgian endive spears with our Epic Bee-Free Honey Garlic Tofu might look fancy but they're a breeze to pull off. Why we love them: our sweet and savoury Honey Garlic Tofu is the perfect contrast to bitter endive greens. We then drizzled on an herby chimichurri dressing for a touch of acidity. Lastly, we garnished these tasty bites with more fresh herbs and toasted pumpkin seeds for crunch.
Serves 6 as an appetizer | total time: 20 minutes
- 1 pack Epic Honey Garlic Tofu, thawed
- 1-2 Tbsp cooking oil (we recommend refined coconut oil but any vegetable oil will work)
- 4 Belgian endives
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup each fresh cilantro and parsley leaves
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 jalapeño
- Roasted salted pumpkins seeds and fresh chopped herbs for garnish
- Open the package of thawed Epic Honey Garlic Tofu and drain the sauce into a small bowl--set aside for later.
- Cut the Honey Garlic Tofu slabs into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat with 1-2 Tbsp cooking oil. Place the tofu bites into the pan and sear 2-3 minutes each side, until golden-brown.
- Add the reserved tofu sauce to the pan; cook 2 minutes longer while stirring gently to evenly coat the tofu. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- Make your chimichurri dressing by placing the following ingredients into a small food processor: red wine vinegar, olive oil, fresh cilantro, parsley and oregano leaves, salt, garlic and jalapeño. Pulse until blended.
- Cut the bottoms off each endive and place the individual leaves onto a serving platter. Top each spear with a piece of tofu. Drizzle with chimichurri dressing and garnish with more fresh herbs and pumpkin seeds. Voila!