Cognac-Spiked Vegan Poutine with Wild Mushroom Gravy & Epic Chickenless Tofu Curds
Who spiked the gravy? We did! And we're not apologizing because this Cognac-infused wild mushroom poutine sauce is spectacular. Best of all, this recipe is ready in 30 minutes and packed with plant-powered protein.
- 1 package Epic Chickenless Tofu Chunks
- 1 700g package of shoestring-cut frozen french fries
- 2 TBSP butter (vegan or conventional)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 cups veggie broth
- 1 pkg dried wild mushroom mix
- 1.5 Tsp brandy
- 2 TBSP flour mixed with 1/4 cup water
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 pkg vegan shredded cheese
S&P to taste
- Heat the oven to 450*C. Using 2 lined baking sheets, scatter the fries in a single layer. On a 3rd baking sheet, scatter the Epic Chickenless Tofu Chunks in a single layer. Place in the oven and bake 15-20 minutes, turning everything half way through.
- Meanwhile, add butter to a sauce pan over medium heat. Saute the minced onion until soft and translucent.
- Add veggie broth, dried mushrooms and Cognac. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 mins or until mushrooms begin to soften.
- When done simmering, remove poutine sauce from heat and carefully transfer to a blender. Blend until smooth. Return sauce to pot and set over medium heat. Whisk in 1/2 the flour mixture until sauce thickens. If necessary, add remaining flour mixture until desired thickness is achieved. Season with S&P.
- Assemble your poutine! Add fries to individual bowls, topped with poutine sauce, Epic Chickenless Tofu "curds", vegan cheese and green onions.