Margarita Pizza with Buffalo Mozzarella, Fresh Basil & Balsamic Tofu
This simple pizza recipe whips up in a flash for an instant mealtime hit.
Margarita Pizza with Buffalo Mozzarella, Fresh Basil & Balsamic Tofu | Makes 2 pizzas; serves 4-6
- 1 package Balsamic Craze Marinated Tofu Cubes (350g)
- 2 balls pizza dough (ready to use)
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 1 large or 2 small balls of buffalo mozzarella sliced into rounds
- 4 cocktail tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Creme de balsamique (optional)
- Heat oven to 450*F. On 2 parchment-lined baking sheets, shape each ball of dough into a pizza pie.
- Ladle your favourite tomato sauce onto the dough and place tomato slices on top if desired. Add cheese and lightly drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake in oven 12-14 minutes or until crust browns and cheese bubbles.
- While pizza bakes, in a non-stick skillet, heat 1 TBS oil over medium-high heat. Empty entire contents of Balsamic tofu pouch into pan. Stirring occasionally, sauté until golden—about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- When pizza is done, remove from oven and garnish with fresh basil, tofu cubes, and a drizzle of creme de balsamique. Serve with red pepper flakes for an extra kick.